This page is designed to help you navigate the school term remotely. There are many campus tools, information, and resources to help keep you connected. Oregon Tech is committed to make this term a success for all.
Please continue to monitor the COVID-19 website and check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is the university’s official means of communication. Please reach out if you have questions or need support.
Canvas is the course management software used by Oregon Tech to offer courses via the internet. You will login to a secure web site on TECHWeb and find instructions, syllabus, course content, email and discussion tools, and any exams, activities, or assignments your instructor has set up for the course.
Zoom allows instructors to either stream course lectures live (synchronous delivery) or record them for students to view on their own schedule (asynchronous delivery). Students will find links to access Zoom meetings/pre-recorded lectures through Canvas.
Information Technology Service Desk Support
Service Desk will be available remotely to faculty, staff, and students during this crisis. The hours will be from 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday. To protect you and the Service Desk personnel, face to face interactions will be highly avoided unless absolutely necessary and require supervisor approval. Service Desk will use remote tools and our communication tools to assist faculty, staff, and students.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk.
- For Klamath Falls, call 541-885-1470 or email email@example.com.
- For Portland-Metro, call 503-821-1289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Computer Lab Support
The Provost and Deans have designated two computer labs, Boivin 138 and Boivin 146, to be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for student use. These labs are set up to adhere to social distancing guidelines and are limited to 10 people per room. Service Desk will make sure the printers are loaded with paper daily with extra paper available. Support for students using these labs will be conducted remotely for everyone's safety. Contact information and a phone have been set up for the rooms.
We know this transition to remote courses is new to many of you and will be challenging initially. Campus resources are available to assist you.
- Academic Coaching (Coming soon!)
- Peer Consulting
- Access & Campus Equity Services (formerly Disability Services)
- Academic Advising Center - advisors are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. via Zoom, email and phone.
The Integrated Student Health Center offers in-person, telephone and video conference counseling to students. Personal counseling, Academic Counseling and Substance Abuse Treatment resources are also available.
Available resources and services during the closure (Updated April 10, 2020):
- Research help via chat, email, and phone Ask Us
- Interlibrary loan for electronic resources such as academic articles, email email@example.com with questions
- Electronic resources, such as ebooks, streaming media, journals, newspapers, magazines, databases and more. Start from the Libraries home page
- Tracking of expanded electronic resource access
Some Oregon Tech print and equipment resources may be available by mail - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The university has been working hard to create mechanisms to support students and families during this uncertain time. We recognize that the fallout from COVID-19 may be quite significant. Below are several new initiatives that we have put in place to directly assist those that have been impacted, including links on where to access this support.
- In partnership with the Oregon Tech Foundation, the university has established the Helping Owls Scholarship Fund. This aid is designed for those students experiencing COVID-19 related financial difficulties. Currently the Helping Owls funds have been exhausted, but we are working to secure additional funds. We understand this is a difficult time: please be patient as we explore additional options.
- Emergency loans for students are available up to $500 for all enrolled students. This can be particularly helpful for those students needing assistance before financial aid checks come through. Emergency loan forms are located on the Cashier’s Office website here.
- Emergency loans are available for veterans receiving Post-9/11 GI Bill® and VR&E benefits up to $5,000 to bridge potential delays in VA benefits. These loans will be repaid when VA benefits come through later in the term. Please use the emergency loan link located on the Cashier’s Office website here.
- For students directly impacted by layoffs please avail yourself of state and federal benefits such as unemployment insurance which is designed to help people through this time. More information can be found here.
Career Services - Job Search Support
A job search may be more challenging this year, but there is help available!
- Remote Appointments: On Handshake, select Career Center then Appointments. Get help with resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, interviews, and more.
- Weekly Jobseekers Meetups for any job search questions – register on Handshake in Events.
- Extensive resources in our Canvas class, Internship and Job Search Resources. All students are enrolled in this class.
- Resources also available at the Career Services website.
Students employed at Oregon Tech, or seeking employment for Spring term, can contact Rachel Winters (Klamath Falls) or Kim Faks (Portland-Metro).
We are excited to connect with our community in a virtual world. Use the buttons below for more resources.
Please see the Commencement page for more information.
The Oregon Tech Bookstore is available to support you and make sure you have your textbooks and necessary materials. Students should shop online and place orders quickly. The Bookstore is currently offering FREE UPS Ground shipping (International Orders excluded) all Spring long for online orders.
Employees - Stay informed with the Oregon Tech App!
- View Campus Events
- Connect with Students & Employees
- Help students create class forums and study groups
- Locate Deals and Discounts
- Join Oregon Tech on Social Media
Search "Oregon Tech," look for the Hootie Icon and select your campus.