What are the benefits of living on campus?
Studies show that students who live on campus tend to:
- Complete more credit hours and have higher grade point averages.
- Become more involved with the campus community.
- Get involved and become part of the campus community.
- Complete their degree at their initial institution.
- Show greater gains in student development and interpersonal self-esteem.
- Express greater satisfaction with their undergraduate experience!
- Persist and graduate with greater frequency.
- Enjoy easy access to campus resources (library, labs, athletic facilities, support services).
Here are just a few of the advantages of living on campus:
- Countless opportunities to meet new people, and develop lasting friendships.
- Social, educational, and recreational opportunities.
- Rates include electricity, heat, water, sewer, waste removal, internet connection, and internet based entertainment services.
- Service Desk staff for help with packages, as well as, access to kitchen utensils, and other items for residential student use.
- Easy walking distance to campus services, labs, classrooms, library, the College Union, and athletic facilities. No commuting hassles!
- Trained staff available for study, study groups, and social events.
- A big-screen TV, and Snack Bar.
- Accommodation choices: all-female/all-male or co-ed wings as well as 4 person/single bedroom apartments. Gender inclusive options are available as well; just email the Director of Housing and Residence Life for more information.
- Opportunities to participate in the Residence Hall Association (student government).
- Laundry facilities within the complex for residents only. Costs are included in housing costs, so no cards or quarters needed.
- Minimal housekeeping, and cooking means more time to study, and play.
- No driving to classes in winter weather.