2014-2015 Budget request process & timeline for student organizations
Student organization leaders/advisors:
It is once again time to submit budget requests for the 2014-2015 academic year. Below you will find details on the timeline and process to submit a budget request. PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS CLOSELY so that you do not miss any key facts or deadlines.
The budget request form is above, and is the required method to submit a request. Please note that there are tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the various areas of funding. Directions are included on the first tab, but if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Josh Varner (ASOIT Finance Officer) at email@example.com, or Joseph Maurer, Director of Campus Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have several options in submitting your request:
- If your organization wishes to receive the minimum funding for clubs ($300), then an email stating the organization name and that request may be submitted to email@example.com by the request deadline. No budget form needs to be submitted in this case.
- If your organization wishes to receive any amount other than the minimum $300, then you must complete the attached form and submit it by the deadline in order to be considered. Groups requesting funding above the minimum amount are also REQUIRED to give a short presentation to the Financial Allocations Committee (FAC) – dates provided below.
- Any group that does not do one of the 2 options above will not receive funding for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The timeline for the budget request process this year will be:
Friday, January 31: Budget request forms are due into the ASOIT email account by end of day (11:59pm) – all requests must be sent as an email attachment, in MS Excel format.
Friday and Saturday, February 7 & 8: Budget hearings will take place for all groups requesting funds. Each organization will be given a 15-minute block based on their requested availability. That will include 5 minutes for the group representative to present a budget, 5 minutes for questions from the committee, and 5 minutes for transition. Please note that while we will do our best to accommodate schedules, groups will be given choice of presentation times on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis - based on when the budget request form was submitted. So, the earlier you submit your request, the better chance you have of getting your preferred presentation time.
Budget Hearing Times:
The budget hearing committee will be meeting on Friday, February 7 from 4:00pm-10:00pm (with a break for dinner from 6-7pm) and on Saturday, February 8 from 8:00am – 5:00pm (with a break for lunch from noon-1pm).
When submitting your budget request via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org), please include the following in the email itself:
- Name of student organization
- Preferred presentation times – please include your top 3 time slots (include day and hour) within those outlined above. Any group that does not include a preference for day & time will be assigned a slot based on our best availability.
- Be sure to attach the MS Excel budget request form, and DOUBLE CHECK that it has been filled out completely.
- We also recommend that you copy yourself and your advisor on the email so that you have your own confirmation that the email was sent.
Josh Varner, Finance Officer, will send a confirmation via email no later than Wednesday, February 5 that includes your assigned presentation time. PLEASE BE EARLY, as we will be on a strict schedule for presentations. Arriving late for your presentation may bump you to an undetermined time until we have another opening.
Please be aware that any group that does not present their budget to ASOIT may only receive the minimum $300 funding for the year. That holds true if your group fails to show up for your presentation, or shows up late and is not able to present.
Any questions or concerns related to this process may be directed to either Josh Varner at email@example.com or Joseph Maurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.