B.S. Emergency Medical Services Management
About Our Program
The BS degree in EMS Management is a joint Oregon Tech / OHSU degree that provides graduates with practical training in three core areas; general business management training, specific EMS industry management training and finally advanced clinical training. This program is an excellent opportunity for practicing and certified paramedics that desire to leverage their field knowledge and experience into a management or leadership position within their organization or would simply like to advance their 2-year degree into a Bachelors degree in order to pursue other graduate level work such as an MPH or an MBA.
While your first two years are spent preparing for and then completing the paramedic program, your next two years are spent training and studying in three main areas:
- General management classes – these courses are designed to prepare the student with a broad management background that applies to all industries.
- EMS specific management classes – In this area, students receive training and exposure to the specialized operations and management issues and challenges that effect public and private companies that operate within the EMS industry.
- Advanced clinical training in one of two areas:
- Critical Care Medicine. This series of courses, comprised of didactic and clinical rotations, are designed to prepare the student with advanced clinical training in the area of critical care medicine. Successful completion of this series of coursework prepares students to sit for either the Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C) and or the Flight Paramedic (FP-C) exam as offered through the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification (BCCTPC).
- Community Paramedic. This series of courses (didactic and clinical rotations) is designed to provide the foundational training for experienced medics to operated under the expanded protocols and practices of systems that have community care paramedic operations.
Please review the course map carefully as there are some first year courses that are different for students pursuing a BS in EMS (as opposed to an AAS degree) in order to prepare them for the upper division 300 and 400 level courses required for the BS degree.
Thanks for doing your part to provide a much needed service to the community and taking the next step to advance your education and training! If you are currently a paramedic please meet with our Department Coordinator, Deb Disko, to review your prior college transcripts and build a personalized course map detailing what you need to get started. In most situations, if you went to an accredited paramedic program, your paramedic professional classes will be fully accepted regardless if it was a degree program or not. We will also review your other general education classes to determine if you meet all the pre-requisite coursework to successfully begin junior level classes.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Please see the attached tuition and fees document linked on the website for the latest costs. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
A student seeking admission who anticipates the need for financial aid should contact Oregon Tech immediately. Do not wait for an "admission offer" to apply for aid as funds are awarded as available. Please direct financial aid questions to Oregon Tech, Klamath Falls. The direct number is 541.885.1280 or 1.800.422.2017. Email address is email@example.com.