To assist departments with making purchases, we have established some qeneral guidelines so you will know which type of procurement method is applicable to a specific purchase:
Bank Card Programs
- P-Cards: University Procurement Cards are assigned to employees or departments.
Access P-Card training and resources through MyOIT
- Travel Cards: Personal Cards are dedicated for employee travel.
- Student Group Travel Cards: Cards available for employees responsible for student group travel.
Procurement Cards and Hosting Groups/Guests
Procurement cards may be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting groups on-campus the procurement card may be used to pay for the event except for any alcohol or tips. A hosting form must be attached to the monthly procurement card reconciliation and all hosting provisions adhered to in terms of meeting agenda, timing and business/university purpose.
Procurement cards may not be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting individuals or groups off-campus payment must be made with personal funds and then submitted for reimbursement with all required documentation and hosting forms. For larger events direct payment to the vendor is the preferred method of payment.
- As an absolute rule the procurement card may not be used to purchase alcohol or to provide tips of any nature.