CASHNet® Electronic Payment Options
- Electronic payments made from a checking account can be made through CASHNet® using a bank account located in the United States. You will need your account's routing number in addition to the bank account number (both of these can be found at the bottom of your check). Please contact your bank or credit union if you need help determining these numbers.
- Debit cards cannot be used with this payment method.
- If you attempt to use a debit card number with this payment method it will not process correctly and you will be assessed a returned item fee of $25
Credit or Debit Cards
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments can be made through CASHNet®.
- Oregon Tech has contracted with CASHNet® to provide students and benefactors the ability to make credit and debit card payments online. There is a 2.75% convenience fee for credit and debit card transactions that will be added to your payment once it is processed. The convenience fee is non-refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is cancelled, refunded, credited, or charged back.
- Payments made by debit card are treated as credit card payments, so the 2.75% convenience fee also applies.
- Online credit card payments are available online 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Mail payments with the bottom portion of printed eBill to: Cashier's Office
Oregon Institute of Technology
3201 Campus Dr
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
If you do not have a copy of the eBill, please include the student's Oregon Tech ID number with your payment.
- Payments can be made in person at the Cashier's Office window located in Snell Hall, Room 116 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm).
- We can only accept cash or check payments. We do not accept credit or debit cards at the Cashier's Office window (we do accept Easy Refund℠ MasterCards).
Pay in full at the 2nd Friday of the term. Tuition is due upon registration for classes. Students are encouraged to pay all charges in full at the beginning of the term to avoid late fees or penalties.
Use the Oregon Tech Payment Plan. The payment plan allows you to pay any outstanding charges from prior terms plus one third of the charges for the current term during the first week of the term and then make payments on the balance. If you don’t pay in full by the due date, Oregon Tech automatically activates the Payment Plan once you have a Payment Plan Form on file with us.
- Read the Payment Plan Terms and Conditions. Return the signed form to the Oregon Tech Cashier’s Office.
- The Payment Plan is activated and an $10 service charge is assessed each term in which tuition and fees are not paid during the first week of the term.
- A 12% per annum interest charge is assessed on all unpaid balances.
If you receive grants, loans, or scholarships, you must use those funds to cover educational expenses. You may not be eligible to choose the Payment Plan unless your financial aid is insufficient to cover all tuition, fees, housing, and related expenses.
Late Fees and Collection Activity
Know What You Owe
When you sign up for classes, you are assessed current tuition and fees. If you are living in the residence halls, you should request a list of fees and payment schedules from the Residence Hall staff.
If someone other than you is helping to pay your tuition and fees, you must arrange to keep them informed. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 , as amended, prevents Oregon Institute of Technology from discussing your student account with anyone except you - unless we have written consent on file. If you have additional questions regarding FERPA, visit www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html or contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or (541) 885-1301.
Oregon Tech generates eBills on a monthly cycle, and the billing statements will be available on-line through CASHNet®. Each month you will receive an e-mail notification that your bill is ready for your viewing. You may authorize a Benefactor to view your bill and make payments online.
Important Due Dates
Payment is due by the 2nd Friday of each term.
Use Web for Student at any time to check your account and review charges and payments.Click:
- "Web for Student"
- “Student Records”
"Account Summary" or "Account Summary by term."
Or, login to CASHNet® to "View Recent Activity" (located in the "Your Bills" section).
Important Dates and Deadlines Schedule
|Preliminary term statements
|Financial Aid processing begins
||Thursday before the term starts
|Last day for 100% tuition refund
||1st Friday of the term
|Tuition and Fees due
||2nd Friday of the term
|First Payment Plan payment due
||2nd Friday of the term
|Late payment fees assessed
||3rd Monday of the term
|Second Payment Plan payment due
||5th Friday of the term
|Final term payments due
||Last Friday of the term
Keep your current address up to date. To change your address, go online through Web for Student (click "Personal Information").
You may pay your bill with a personal check at the Cashier’s Office or by mail. A $25.00 fee is assessed for any check returned by your bank, and the return of more than two checks may revoke your check- writing privileges.
Financial Aid and Sponsoring Agencies
The majority of students attending Oregon Tech receive some form of financial aid. We encourage you to stay in close touch with the Financial Aid Office staff about filing deadlines and your aid status. If you are awarded financial aid, you will be notified by the Financial Aid Office via an award letter, which you must sign and return. The annual financial aid is packaged in thirds and credited directly to your account each term if you are enrolled in the appropriate number of hours.
If you receive grants, loans, or scholarships, you must use those funds to cover educational expenses. You may not be eligible to choose the Payment Plan unless your financial aid is insufficient to cover all tuition, fees, housing, and other expenses.
Assistance from financial aid or a sponsoring agency may not be as much as expected. Students are still liable for all charges they incur. Should problems arise, please see a staff member in the Financial Aid Office or in Business Affairs Office. Special terms and conditions apply to sponsoring agency agreements. For example, students must provide Business Affairs Office with a written authorization or commitment to pay from the sponsoring agency.
Financial Aid is disbursed the Friday before the term begins (see financial aid disbursement). Any loan proceeds or other financial aid is first applied to tuition, fees, and other charges before the remaining balance is released to the student.
Withdrawal and Tuition/Fee Credits
If you must withdraw from a class or classes, you may be eligible for a credit, but specific rules apply:
- You must withdraw during the refund period established by the Oregon University System (see the Class Schedule).
- You must notify the Registrar in person or through Web for Students.
- Your withdrawal date is the date the Registrar's office receives your official notification; you are liable for tuition for the class or classes until that date. Any monetary credit to your account that results from your withdrawal is calculated from the date of receipt of the withdrawal, not from the date you stopped attending class or classes.
- Any tuition credit due must first be applied to all debts owed to Oregon Tech, OUS, or financial aid programs. The application of refunds to financial aid programs is a complex process governed by federal law. Contact Business Affairs for further information at (541) 885-1240.
- After the refund period, you are responsible for 100% of tuition and fees (OUS refund schedule).
- No credits are issued for dropped courses taken at staff rates.
- To be eligible for a 100% tuition credit, you must cancel registration prior to the end of the first week of classes. To cancel registration, you must notify the Registrar in person or through Web for Students. Failure to do so will result in tuition charges.
- Caution: If you withdraw completely from Oregon Tech and you have received financial aid, you may be required to repay some or all of that aid. If you fail to formally withdraw from Oregon Tech by notifying the Registrar in person or through Web for Students, you may be required to repay all of your aid. If you are considering complete withdrawal, it is critical that you read about the implications for complete withdrawal.
- A check, credit card credit, or direct deposit is issued to the student after application of the refund to any and all charges remaining on an account or due back to financial aid programs. This procedure may take up to six weeks after partial or complete withdrawal.
Oregon Tech Refund Policy - Fall, Winter, and Spring Term ONLY
The refund schedule is based on official course drops according to the following schedule:
- Before the close of the 5th calendar day (1st Friday) of the term, refund is 100% (No charge for classes)
- Before the close of the 12th calendar day (2nd Friday) of the term, refund is 85% (15% charge for classes)
- Before the close of the 19th calendar day (3rd Friday) of the term, refund is 50% (50% charge for classes)
- Before the close of the 26th calendar day (4th Friday) of the term, refund is 25% (75% charge for classes)
- After the 26th calendar day (4th Friday) of the term, charge for classes will be 100%
There are times when Web for Student may be unavailable. For your own protection, be sure to complete any drop/add activities by the close of the business day on Friday. Appeals will be denied to students who are unable to access Web for Students on the weekend due to system maintenance.
IMPORTANT: If you are receiving financial aid and you completely withdraw after classes have started, you may owe additional money. Be sure to read about the financial implications of complete withdrawal.
Summer Oregon Tech Refund Policy
Part of Term - 1 (Full 8 Weeks of Summer)
- Before the close of the 5th calendar day (1st Friday) of the term, refund is 100%
- Before the close of the 12th calendar day (2nd Friday) of the term, refund is 85%
- Before the close of the 19th calendar day (3rd Friday) of the term, refund is 50%
- Before the close of the 26th calendar day (4th Friday) of the term, refund is 25%
- After the 26th calendar day (4th Friday) of the term, charge for classes will be 100%
Part of Term – 2 (First 4 Weeks of Summer Term)
- Before the close of the 2nd calendar day (1st Tuesday) of the term, refund is 100%
- Before the close of the 5th calendar day (1st Friday) of the term, refund is 85%
- Before the close of the 10th calendar day (2nd Wednesday) of the term, refund is 50%
- Before the close of the 12th calendar day (2nd Friday) of the term, refund is 25%
- After the 12th calendar day (2nd Friday) of the term, charge for classes will be 100%
Part of Term – 3 (Second 4 Weeks of Summer Term)
- Before the close of the 30th calendar day (5th Tuesday) of the term, refund is 100%
- Before the close of the 33rd calendar day (5th Friday) of the term, refund is 85%
- Before the close of the 38th calendar day (6th Wednesday) of the term, refund is 50%
- Before the close of the 40th calendar day (6th Friday) of the term, refund is 25%
- After the 40th calendar day (6th Friday) of the term, charge for classes will be 100%
Students who feel their special circumstances warrant consideration may appeal the procedures defined above by filing an appeal. You must submit an appeal in writing to the Accounts Receivable Manager, Cindy Childers, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in Snell Hall 115 (Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm). A student’s circumstances must be extraordinary in order for the appeal to be considered.
Who to Contact for Questions
Bill/Payment or Easy Refund℠ Questions
Delinquent Accounts/Payment Arrangements
- Call the Cashier's Office 541-885-1202, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, PST.
- Visit the cashier window in Snell Hall 116, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 3 pm, PST.
- E-mail email@example.com.
Boeing Student Billing Questions
Third Party Questions
- Call Denise Reid at 541-885-1227, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, PST.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.