Okay, so we all know that housing provides a room, but what are the other benefits of living on campus?
Studies show that students who live on campus tend to:
- Complete more credit hours and have higher grade point averages
- Become more involved with the campus community
- Get involved and become part of the campus community
- Complete their degree at their initial institution
- Show greater gains in student development and interpersonal self-esteem
- Express greater satisfaction with their undergraduate experience!
- Persist and graduate with greater frequency
- Enjoy easy access to campus resources (library, labs, athletic facilities, support services)
Living on campus is not required, but is highly recommended for all single students.
Here are just few of the advantages of living on campus:
- Countless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships
- Guaranteed housing for students whose application and deposit have been received by Housing and Residence Life by May 1
- Social, educational and recreational opportunities
- Rates include electricity, heat, water, sewer, waste removal, Internet connection and cable-television service
- High standards for facility cleanliness and repair
- Computer network ports (10 base-t) for each resident in a room
- Service desk staff for help with packages as well as access to kitchen utensils and other itmes for residential student use
- Easy walking distance to campus services, labs, classrooms, library, the College Union and athletic facilities - no commuting hassles!
- Adjacent reserved parking for residents - no hunting for a parking space!
- Trained staff available for study, study groups and social events
- A big-screen TV and Snack Bar
- Accommodation choices: all-female/all-male or co-ed wings as well as single bedroom apartments
- Opportunities to participate in the Residence Hall Association (student government)
- Special arrangements for students with physical disabilities
- All residents have a personal mail box to receive mail
- Card-operated laundry facilities within the complex for residents only - it's the best buy in town
- Minimal housekeeping and cooking means more time to study and play
- No driving to classes in winter weather