Provide services to Oregon Tech's Student Support Services (SSS) eligible participants to significantly increase academic achievement, retention, and graduation rates.
College can be an overwhelming experience. Whether you are a student right out of high school or someone who has not attended school in many years, the transition to college life is challenging. TOP is here to help make the transition easier.
TOP is part of the Student Success Center and is located on the second floor of the Learning Resource Center with the reception office in LRC 228. The Center includes a computer lab, tutoring area, testing area, study areas, and a lounge.
The lounge is equipped with a microwave, table, chairs, and couches. Students are welcome to study, have lunch, or take a nap in this area. Events are scheduled in this room periodically throughout the school year, and students are encouraged to attend.
What we do
Whether you need tutoring, study skills, or time management assistance, we can help. TOP services include:
- Comprehensive one-on-one academic, personal, and career advising.
- One-on-one and small group tutoring services in conjunction with the Tutoring Center.
- Varied workshops covering test-taking strategies, study skills, career selection, time management, money issues, etc.
- Student Success Seminars (ACAD 207) specifically designed for TOP students.
- Development of academic and personal goals.
- Regular meetings/ongoing support with an Academic Specialist.
- Midterm assessments completed each term by all TOP participants in their first year.
- September Bridge Orientation to College Program for Residence Hall students.
- Limited grant funding for qualified students.
- Financial literacy skill development.
- Comprehensive assessments (study skills inventory)
- Development of Personal Success Plan
- Orientation sessions to TOP Program
- Study Lounge
- Support with verifying a major, career exploration
- Sense of community
- Sense of academic competence