Please Note: The 2013-2014 Oregon Tech Student Medical plan is no longer mandatory for Domestic students** All Domestic students who take six or more on-campus or on-site credits are eligible to enroll on a Voluntary basis for the 2013-2014 Policy year.
NEW for 2013-2014
Oregon Tech is offering a Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan to all students enrolled in six or more on-campus or on-site credits (not including online credit hours) and their dependents.
Below are some basic highlights of what's included in the NEW Voluntary Student Medical Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthCare:
- Cost: $1,778 for coverage from September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014 with the ability to enroll by term
- $500,000 Benefit Maximum per Condition for Covered Medical Expenses
- $150 deductible per policy year for Preferred Providers, $300 deductible per policy year for Out of Network Providers
- Prescription Drug covered up to the Benefit Maximum (copays apply)
- Preventative/Wellness Benefits covered up to 100% with no co-pays or deductibles for In-Network providers
- Access to UnitedHealthCare's comprehensive national network of providers close to campus and while at home
- Worldwide coverage and travel assistance while studying abroad or on vacation
Enrollment is Simple and only 2 clicks away!
- Log on to: Gallagher Koster
- Click on 'Student Waive/Enroll' in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Click on the Green "I want to Enroll-Domestic" button
Voluntary Premium and Enrollment Schedule
| ||Annual ||Fall ||Winter ||Spring ||Summer |
| ||9/1/2013- |
|Deadline ||10/30/2013 ||10/30/2013 ||2/06/2014 ||4/30/2014 ||7/23/2014 |
|Student Only ||$1,778 ||$ 619 ||$ 409 ||$ 409 ||$ 341 |
|Spouse Only ||$4,001 ||$ 1,392 ||$ 921 ||$ 921 ||$ 767 |
|Each Child ||$2,233 ||$ 773 ||$ 512 ||$ 512 ||$ 426 |
Information above is only a summary of benefits.
Need More Information?
Go to Gallagher Koster to review and download a student insurance plan brochure, enroll online or find answers to frequently asked questions. You can also contact Gallagher Koster's Customer Service at
877-347-1578 8:30a.m.-7:00p.m. EST Monday-Friday or by email at OITstudent@gallagherkoster.com.
**Clinical Lab Science, Paramedic Education, Respiratory Care Clinical Rotation Students, International Students, and ALL Externs have a mandatory insurance they must carry for their programs. For additional information, you can also contact Christy Wolford at 541.885.1807.