Oregon Tech's Office of Strategic Partnerships assists Oregon Tech’s faculty at all locations to connect to industry partners and advisors to ensure that Oregon Tech’s courses integrate new technologies and are responsive to business needs for skilled professionals. Businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest, such as Intel, Pacific Power, Maxim, PCC Structurals, Oregon Cutting Systems, Jeld-Wen, and the Boeing Company, send their best and brightest to Oregon Tech for professional development so they can advance into engineering, technology and management positions within their companies.
Oregon Tech’s business partners participate on Industry Advisory Councils, support students through internships and sponsored student projects, teach as adjunct faculty, recruit graduates for jobs, donate labs and equipment, and sponsor applied research. Oregon Tech could not fully execute its mission without the engagement and support of industry partners. There are many opportunities to achieve mutual benefits.
Examples of Oregon Tech's Partnerships
Industry Association Partners
Oregon Tech is a member or partner with:
- Smart Grid Oregon
- Drive Oregon
- Oregon Solar Energy Industry Association
- Northwest Collaboratory for Sustainable Manufacturing
- Oregon BEST (Built Environment & Sustainable Technology)
- Manufacturing 21 Coalition
- Northwest High Performance Enterprise Consortium
- Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Oregon Workforce Investment Board (and several local workforce boards)
- Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium
- Oregon Healthcare Workforce Institute
- and the Beaverton, Greater Portland, Klamath Falls, North Clackamas, Tualatin, and Wilsonville Chambers of Commerce
Individual businesses or business associations that are interested in university-industry partnerships are encouraged to contact the Associate Vice President for Strategic Partnerships at 503.821.1247.