Join us for an evening of fine food and entertainment as we celebrate 50 Years of Wilderness in the Land of the Lakes. Our featured speaker is Michael McCloskey.
You can sign up for the banquet here or call 541-885-1772 by October 14th.
- The Oregon Old Time Fiddlers' Society will entertain us during the social hour.
- Guest Speaker - Oregon native Michael McCloskey helped paved the way for the Wilderness Act of 1964. He is the author of "Conserving Oregon's Environment: Breakthroughs that Made History."
- Dinner includes a sumptuous beef rib roast entree (non-meat option if you would prefer.)
- We promise some rare regional items at the silent auction.
- As part of the celebration, the newly published 27th issue of the Shaw Journal: Why Wilderness... 50 Years of Wilderness in the Land of the Lakes will be available.
- Date: October 28, 2014 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Location: Oregon Institute of Technology College Union, Second Floor (directions listed below.)
- Dinner: Beef rib roast entree (Non-meat option available by request) Program: Michael McCloskey, Oregon native and advocate for the preservation of wilderness areas presents: The Wilderness Act and Oregon Conservation
- Silent Auction: Preview (Auction proceeds benefit Shaw Library Programs)
- Ticket Price: $35 for a single or $60 for two. Tables for six or eight available upon request.
- Evening Events:
- 5:30 pm ~ No-host social hour and opening of the silent auction
- 6:30 pm ~ Dinner
- 7:30 pm ~ Program by Michael McCloskey: The Wilderness Act and Oregon Conservation followed by Silent auction announcement of winners
- RSVP: to 541-885-5064 by Friday, October 24, 2014 or use the online form
- Mail banquet payments to:
Shaw Historical Library
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Attn: Shaw Banquet
Or Pay by cash, check, or credit card at the door