Looking for Background Information?
Start here! These resources are a good place to get definitions of terms and concepts as well as general background information.
Credo Reference - A good place to go for brief articles and facts on your topic in the Environmental Sciences.
CRCnetBase - Find a variety of reference books and articles on your topic.
Gale Virtual Reference Library - search for, Environmental Issues Essential Primary Sources to find introductory articles on a variety of topics.
Looking for Research Articles?
Start with these Electronic Resources. Also see the Oregon Tech Library’s webpage listing databases on the subject of Sciences.
Primary Electronic Resources
Secondary Electronic Resources
- Academic Search Premier – a general interest database covering many disciplines.
- AGRICOLA - Citations from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Library, dating back to 1970
- Applied Science and Technology Abstracts – provides a broad range of information relating to the scientific and technological fields.
- Biological and Agricultural Index Plus - full articles and citations in agriculture & agricultural research, atmospheric science, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, botany, chemistry, environmental science, geology, marine biology, microbiology, and more.
- Engineering Village - A resource containing scientific and technical engineering research, covering all engineering disciplines.
- Google Scholar - indexing, abstracts, and occasional links to full text.
Looking for a Book in the Oregon Tech Library or Other Libraries?
Books and other items are listed in the Library Catalog. Use the Library Catalog
to find materials in the Oregon Tech Libraries' collections and through the Summit. Summit provides access to materials from 36 academic libraries in Oregon and Washington for Oregon Tech students, faculty and staff. See the titles and suggested Library of Congress call number ranges below for pointers to popular items.
Try these Library of Congress call number ranges to find books on the shelf.
Environmental Sciences GE1 - GE9999.99
- Environmental Chemistry TD 193
- - Industrial Applications TP 155.2 E58
- Environmental Ethics GE42
- Environmental Geography G143
- Environmental Geology QE 38
- Environmental Health RA 565 - RA 600
- Environmental Impact Analysis TD 194.6
- Environmental Management GE300 - GE350
- Environmental Monitoring QH 541.15 M64
- Environmental Policy GE 170-GE190
- Environmental Protection TD 169 - TD 171.8
- Environmental Quality GE 140-GE 160
- Environmental Toxicology RA 1226
- Environmentalism GE 195-GE 199