The library recognizes that text books are expensive, and we want to help students find an economical way to get them. Here are some options that we have found:
In the library
- Reserve Books - there is a small collection of text books on reserve at both the Klamath Falls and the Portland campuses. Stop by the Access Services desks to see what is available. Reserve books may be used for a couple hours at a time in the library only. Students and Faculty are welcome to donate recent editions of lightly used textbooks to these collections.
- Summit - Some books may be available through the Oregon Tech Library or through Summit. Books from Summit will be sent to the Klamath Falls Campus, and can be checked out for 6 weeks at a time.
- EBooks - The library has access to a number of electronic book sources that may provide access to your textbook.
- Interlibrary loan - We are unable to get textbooks through Interlibrary loan / Borrowing from another library at this time.
- Oregon Tech Library Publishing. The library will make available self published titles in an electronic only format at the authors request.
Alternatives to Buying Textbooks
The Oregon Tech library does not endorse any of the following vendors. This list is purely informational.