Outlook 2007/2010 has a feature called Recover Deleted Items. This will enable the user to access email items that were previously deleted and then emptied from the Deleted Items folder.
Note: Oregon Tech has this option set to store the deleted items from the 1st to the 30th of every month. At the end of each month backups of the mail server are processed and the deleted items for the last 30 days are no longer accessible to the user.
Follow the instructions below to access the Recover Deleted Items option:
- Open Outlook
- In the left-hand pane click on the folder Deleted Items.
- At the top of the Outlook window click the Folder tab.
- In the ribbon menu click on Recover Deleted Items.
- The following window will pop-up.
- There are three buttons at the top of the window.
- Select All (Select all items in the Recover Deleted Items folder).
- Recover Selected Items (Recovers any selected items in the folder).
- Purge Selected Items (Permanently deletes the selected items in the folder. Be very careful because once this is done the items will not be recoverable.)
- Choose the items you want to recover. Either choose Select All or hold the CTRL key and click the individual items you wish to restore.
- Click the Recover Selected Item button at the top.
- Your selected items will be restored to the Deleted Items folder. You can view or move the newly recovered items.