OIT Email is the only email that OIT will use to contact students. If you don't check yours regularly, please follow these steps to forward your OIT email to a personal email address.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Login after going to mail.oit.edu.
3. Once logged in, click on “Options” at the top right side of the screen.
4. On the left side of the screen under “Options,” click on “Rules.”
5. Next, you will need to click on “New Rule” under the “Rules” heading.
6. From there, select “Create a new rule for arriving messages.”
7. Once the “New Rule” window appears, you will need to select “If my name is…”
8. A drop down window will appear asking you what exactly you want to do, check the box “In the To or CC box.”
9. After selecting the “In the To or CC box,” click on “Forward or redirect…” under the “Do the following” heading.
10. A drop down window will appear asking you what exactly you want to do, check the box, “Forward the message to people or distribution lists.”
11. After completing step 10, on the left side under “Rule Description,” click the blue hyperlink “people or distribution lists.”
12. Your address book will now appear. At the bottom of the screen in the text box next to the label “To ->,” type in the address you want your emails to forward to, and then click “OK.”
13. After clicking “OK,” click on “Save” at the bottom right side. You have no successfully set up a rule to forward all your emails to a different email address. “
14. To make sure that forwarding is set up correctly, send an email to your Oregon Tech email account and make sure it comes through to your personal account. Oregon Tech will only email you at your OIT email address and is not responsible for forwarding failures.