The purpose of the Respiratory Care Program, a Bachelor of Science degree, is to provide for the regional needs for respiratory care practitioners prepared at the advanced level of Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Students in the program will demonstrate:
- the ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms.
- knowledge of the respiratory care code of ethics and ethical and professional conduct.
- the ability to function effectively in the health care setting as a member of the healthcare team.
- knowledge and application of mechanical ventilation and therapeutics.
- knowledge and application of cardiopulmonary diagnosis and monitoring.
- knowledge and application of cardiopulmonary pharmacology and pathophysiology.
- management of respiratory care plans for adult, neonatal and pediatric patients.
The curriculum map for the AAS program in Respiratory Care can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2011-12 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.