The Information Technology-Accounting Option, a Bachelor of Science program, provides students with accounting education sufficient to enable students to be successful professionals, to pursue graduate education, and to pursue professional certification. In addition, students will be educated in the business fundamentals related to information technology and in the design and/or redesign of information technology processes.
The Information Technology-Accounting Option degree program encourages students to sit for professional exams in accounting, i.e., the Certified Public Accountant and Certified Management Accountant exams.
- The Information Technology-Accounting Option degree program prepares students to continue into graduate education.
- The Information Technology-Accounting Option degree program prepares students to enter into accounting positions in private, public or governmental organizations.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Information Technology-Accounting Option graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global environment of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Demonstrate the ability to use business tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams and/or groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managerial accounting concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of auditing concepts.
- Perform the general planning and analysis of business systems that will support the development of modern business information systems.
The curriculum map for the Information Technology-Accounting Option program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2012-13 academic year, the program faculty assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.