Based on the feedback received from the survey administered in early October to faculty, staff, and students through TND and the President’s Office, Tech News Daily will be retired at the end of Fall term and new forms of communication will be implemented to better serve our audiences.
Feedback indicated that serving both student and faculty/staff audiences was not providing enough communication and items that people were interested in were not being submitted.
Internal: Everyone is encouraged to download the new Oregon Tech application that allows for immediate posting and interaction.
- In your app store, search for Oregon Tech (look for the Hootie icon). Choose your campus.
- Once the app is downloaded onto your phone, click on the app and you will be asked to enter your school.
- Enter Oregon Institute of Technology and register using your email.
Community: As always, items may also be submitted to the Klamath Falls College Union Info Desk for posting on the bulletin boards and to Dana Onorato at the Wilsonville campus.
Job postings should be filtered through Career Services. You are welcome to register as an employer on our website, Oregon Tech Career Services Online, to post your job opportunities for students. Registration provides you with the ability to:
- Visit one centralized online location to post and manage an unlimited number of jobs
- Receive email reminders when a student applies for jobs and when a posting is about to expire
There is no fee for this service. Please call the Career Services office at 541.885.1020 if you have questions or need assistance.
Faculty and Staff will be provided with a new weekly email to serve internal communication needs. This will be a combination of the current user-submitted format and information generated through other channels, such as press releases, news clips, and updates from the President’s Office. The new newsletter will continue to encourage communication regarding departmental changes or updates, along with individual recognition and honors. Items are filtered to be specifically concerning faculty and staff news and events. General postings or community news can be submitted through the College Union Info Desk.