Assistant Director, Residence Life
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at Oregon Tech is seeking an Assistant Director, Residence Life. This is a full time, twelve month position with benefits. The salary range for this position is $46,117 - $53,035 and will be depend on experience, skills and education.
The Assistant Director, Residence Life is responsible for the administration of the Residence Life side of the Office of Housing and Residence Life, which includes community development, programming, student learning initiatives, and supervision of the student staff and groups.
This position works with all residential students in the Residence Hall and Village Complex, which houses up to 700 students. Specific responsibilities include supervision Residence Life student staff (RA, SSM, COR Service Desk staff, and RHA), serving as the initial administrative hearing officer for all housing related conduct, creating and managing training programs, overseeing all student programming efforts , and being a resource to all on campus students.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or a Counseling related field OR a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience
- 2 years’ experience in higher education
- Supervisory experience
Candidate must have excellent communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills. The ability to work in a team effort and to efficiently perform under pressure is necessary.
- Supervision in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of student development theory and ability to put theory into practice in a residential setting
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.
Review of applications will begin May 19, 2014 and continue until filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references by email to email@example.com, job #14-33015. Application material may also be mailed to the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For further information, contact the search chair, Joanna Abbott, at (541) 885-1083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ADA employer