Salary Range: $3,094 - $3,397 per month
Requisition #: 14-11020
Classification Code: C3171
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Electrical Engineering & Renewable Energy (EERE) Department at the Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) in Klamath Falls, Oregon invites applications for an Instrument Tech 2 (Electrical) position. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), classified position with benefits, starting September 2014.
The purpose of this position is to provide repair, maintenance, and calibration of general and some specialized test equipment in the EERE labs in support of faculty and students. The position involves both working independently as a lab manager on general maintenance, repair and upkeep of the department labs and equipment, as well as working collaboratively with faculty and students on projects, equipment repair, and equipment updates. This includes testing, repair, upgrades, and calibration of standard bench equipment such as digital storage oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, digital multimeters, signal generators, as well as some specialized equipment such as Data Acquisition Systems, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, 3-Phase High Power Test platforms and some solar test measurement equipment. Other responsibilities include working with the IT department on installation of new PC platforms and lab application software such as PSpice, LabVIEW, Matlab, etc.
We are seeking a motivated colleague with the enthusiasm and ability to keep the labs in a state of readiness in support of the delivery of high-quality undergraduate instruction.
- Two (2) years of technical experience fabricating, repairing, calibrating, installing, and maintaining electronic equipment and systems ANDone of the following;
- Associate’s degree in an Electronic Engineering Technician program OR,
- Completion of an Electronic Technician Apprenticeship program
- OR, three (3) years of technical experience fabricating, repairing, calibrating, installing, and maintaining electronic equipment and systems.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Review of applications will begin June 16, 2014 and continue until the position has been filled. To apply, submit an Oregon Tech application online at www.oit.edu/jobapp for job # 14-11020. Application material is also available at the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. For a complete position description, visit our website at www.oit.edu/jobs. For further information, call (541) 885-1120.
* Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
* Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.