Policies and Procedures for Hosting Groups/Guests
To learn more about Oregon University System's Policies and Procedures:
- Navigate to www.ous.edu/state_board/polipro
- From Policies and Procedures, click on Fiscal Policy Manual.
- Page down to the PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING section and click on Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- On the OUS Financial Administration Standard Operating Manual (FASOM) page, arrow down to Entertainment and Hosting Expenses and Groups and Guest - Refreshment, Meals, Transportation, and Hosting Non-Employees.
Procurement Cards and Hosting Groups/Guests
Procurement cards may be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting groups on campus, the Procurement Card may be used to pay for the event except for any alcohol or tips. A hosting form must be attached to the monthly Procurement Card reconciliation and all hosting provisions adhered to in terms of meeting agenda, timing and business/university purpose.
Procurement Cards may NOT be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting individuals or groups off campus, payment must be made with personal funds and then a reimbursement request must be submitted with all required documentation and hosting forms. For larger events, direct payment to the vendor is the preferred method of payment.
- As an absolute rule, the Procurement Card may not be used to purchase alcohol or provide tips of any nature.