Please Note: The 2014-2015 Oregon Tech Student Medical plan is no longer mandatory for Domestic students** All Domestic students who are in full- time credit status on-campus or on-site credits are eligible to enroll on a Voluntary basis for the 2014-2015 Policy year.
NEW for 2014-2015
Oregon Tech is offering a Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan to all students enrolled who are in full-time credit status on-campus or on-site credits (not including online credit hours) and their dependents.
Below are some basic highlights of what's included in the NEW Voluntary Student Medical Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthCare:
- Cost: $2,391 for coverage from September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015 with the ability to enroll by term
- There is NO overall maximum dollar limit on the policy.
- $250 deductible per policy year for Preferred Providers, $500 deductible per policy year for Out of Network Providers
- Prescription Drug covered up to the Benefit Maximum (copays apply)
- Preventative/Wellness Benefits covered up to 100% with no co-pays or deductibles for In-Network providers
- Access to UnitedHealthCare's comprehensive national network of providers close to campus and while at home
- Worldwide coverage and travel assistance while studying abroad or on vacation
Enrollment is Simple and only 2 clicks away!
- Log on to: Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk
- Click on 'Student Waive/Enroll' in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Click on the Green "I want to Enroll-Domestic" button
Voluntary Premium and Enrollment Schedule
| ||Annual ||Fall ||Winter ||Spring ||Summer |
|Information above is only a summary of benefits. |
| ||9/1/2014 - 8/31/2015 ||9/1/2014 - 1/4/2015 ||1/5/2015 - 3/29/2015 ||3/30/2015 - 6/21/2015 ||6/22/2015 - 8/31/2015 |
|Deadline ||10/24/2014 ||10/24/2014 ||1/30/2015 ||4/24/2015 ||7/10/2015 |
|Student Only ||$2,391 ||$ 826 |
|$ 551 |
|$ 551 |
|$ 463 |
|Spouse Only ||$5,145 ||$ 1,776 |
|$ 1,185 |
|$ 1,185 |
|$ 999 |
|Each Child ||$2,943 ||$ 1,016 |
|$ 678 |
|$ 678 |
|$ 571 |
Need More Information?
Go to Gallagher Koster to review and download a student insurance plan brochure, enroll online or find answers to frequently asked questions. You can also contact Gallagher Koster's Customer Service at
877-347-1578 8:30a.m.-7:00p.m. EST Monday-Friday or by email at OITstudent@gallagherstudent.com.
**Clinical Lab Science, Paramedic Education, Respiratory Care Clinical Rotation Students, International Students, and ALL Externs have a mandatory insurance they must carry for their programs. For additional information, you can also contact Christy Wolford at 541.885.1807.